Search
Other Articles Anywhere questions
Forum

Actual {article}[field_name]{/article​} datas in module

Csaba Tóth's Avatar Csaba Tóth
Hello,

I made a module with SPPB and in the SPPB "Text Block" I would like to use {article}[field_name]{/article}.
This shows the "field_name" content of the actual article, theoretically.

I put this module to all article in "somecategory" category (nothing else in content, but customfields are different).

I make a menu item with type "Article -> Blog" and select "somecategory".

If I go to this menu on the frontend only "field_name" content of the lowest ID of article shows on all.

How can I solve that the correct cust.field shows on each article.

The main goal is nobody can access the SPPB component but writers can edit the customfields of article.

Any another solution?

We have Articles Anyw. Pro and Conditional Content pro.

Confidential information:
(hidden)
Peter van Westen's Avatar Peter van Westen ADMIN
This might be down to how SPPB works.

Can you reproduce this with core Joomla articles and category blogs?
Please post a rating at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Yes, reproduced!

Take away the SPPB module, I use Standard WYSWYG module on the site what is in the original post.

I creted a menu item j4teszt.srv11.joomlaportal.hu/blog-karrier-without-sppb
It is not use SPPB only WYSWYG module and Articles anywhere plugin.
So you are doing this through a module loaded by the core {loadmoduleid} plugin.
Because that is a content plugin, Articles Anywhere will be triggered before it in the article generation stage.
The moment Articles Anywhere gets to see content again (the moment it will see the {article} tags), it is no longer in the article generation stage. And therefore cannot tell what article it belongs to.

I advise you to use Modules Anywhere instead, which is a system plugin, and you can order before Articles Anywhere.
regularlabs.com/modulesanywhere

Or probably a better match to what you want: use Snippets instead.
regularlabs.com/snippets
Hello,

Rearrange of System Plugins is a good idea, but maybe somehow Articles Anywhere make some mistakes because the standard {field No} works in the same environment.

I edit the same module. The result is j4teszt.srv11.joomlaportal.hu/blog-karrier-without-sppb

Left side of table is the AAW plugin results right side of table is the Joomla Standard Fielsd result which works correctly.

Thank You!
This is down to the order plugins are executed in. System plugins are done before content plugins.

The issue here is that this is done in a category blog through a module.
You can only post on the extension support forum if you have an active subscription and you log in

Buy a Pro subscription